St. Catherine‘s Church
ul. Augustiańska 7
Karol Szymanowski Philharmonic in Krakow
St. Catherine’s Church on Kazimierz was founded in the XIV century by king Casimir the Great. The temple was established for the monastery of Augustan Fathers, brought to Krakow from Czech in 1342. The church – a typical example of the so-called Krakow gothic – was erected for many years; however, its construction was never fully completed.
ul. Zwierzyniecka 1
Wieliczka Salt Mine
The Karol Szymanowski Philharmonic in Krakow is one of the most important and largest concert halls in the city. The construction of the Neo-Baroque building was initiated by Cardinal Adam Stefan Sapieha. The building, designed by Józef Pokutyński – modelled on the Victoria Horty’s masterpiece, Maison du Peuple in Brussels – was given away for use in 1931 and served the Krakow diocese as a Catholic Home; later the movie theatre “Świt” was situated here.
ul. Daniłowicza 10
The historic salt mine in Wieliczka, entered onto the first list of UNESCO’s cultural heritage list, is the most frequently visited historical place in Poland. It is the only mining object in the world, continuously active since the middle ages to the present. It original working, among others, pavements, chambers, lakes and panes, of a total length of approximately 300 km, are situated on 9 levels reaching the depth of 327 m.